Seeker of Happiness

$12 Tote Bags and Some Happy Thoughts

Last Weekend

Carrie Lynn3 Comments
Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm happy I'm not the only one that feels the way I did! Sadly, that one stranger's comment was on Sunday night, so he kinda of stole the thunder from my whole weekend. But..

last weekend was INTENSE and therefore blog worthy.

Last Friday, Scott and I went up to Playmill theatre in West Yellowstone, MT to see my bestie Meredith perform in Beauty and the Beast. We were going to wait to see her as the lead in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, but we decided to just see both since Meredith REALLY wanted us to. The show was fantastic (as Playmill productions always are) and afterwards Scott and I went and got some ice cream at Dairy Queen while we waited for Meredith after the show.

While Meredith, Scott and I were getting ready to head into the park, a HUGE thunder and lightning storm struck out! You have not lived until you have seen the lightning over Yellowstone National Park at midnight. There was hail and ripping wind and the rest of the Playmill cast told Meredith she shouldn't go since some tourist had recently been struck by lightning in the park blahblahblah.
We didn't feel bad about it though, so we set out to see Old Faithful (because I'm in a Natural Disasters class, my teacher said we could get 20 extra credit points if we took a picture in front of a landmark in a national park).
When we drove into the park, the storm had passed, and there was an eerie fog on the road. With the full moon and all the woods, it seriously looked like the set of Sleepy Hollow.
Old Faithful is beautiful at night, but it didn't go off while we were there. AND my camera couldn't get a picture of it...

If that wasn't awesome enough, on the way out of the park, the same fog and full moon were out, and then a WOLF crossed the street in front of us! Forget bears! We saw a WOLF in the fog, under the full moon at 2 in the morning.


We drove home that night and got back at around 3am. We took a 2 1/2 hour nap before we were headed back out into the Idaho wilderness to go whitewater rafting on the Salmon river. The weather was gorgeous, and the ride was so much fun. We couldn't really take pictures though since I didn't want to ruin my camera. Here's us getting ready:

At one point our guide told us there were some "rolling rapids" that are fun to float with no boat. It didn't take 30 seconds before Scott had jumped out of our raft. I didn't want him to die without me, so I jumped out too. If you ever get the chance to float rolling rapids with just a life-vest, do it. It was one of the most refreshing and invigorating things I've done in a long time.

After the ride and lunch, my lack of sleep and high intensity adventuring really got to me.

I fell asleep at 8pm that night.

And if you STILL don't think Scott and I take advantage of this beautiful side of the country we live in, we are headed down to Bear Lake with tons of family this weekend for the fourth of July.

Here's to another crazy weekend!